Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Au Gratin Potatoes ala The Project Table


Oh Boy, I just love au Gratin potatoes.  Don't think I have ever made them at home, but I always make a bee line to them when I see a good one.

Which I did on my blogging buddy (and soon to be in person buddy), Rainey' blog, The Project Table.  Rainey's blog has long been one of my favorites.  Not just food, but photography, DIY projects, decorating ideas and more.

You may remember Rainey when I was "Inspired" to copy her Checkerboard Cake idea.

I have a bit of a history for borrowing her cake decorating ideas.  Cakes are fine, but if you look over her posts, you will see a bit of panache added!

Like I said then, I was a fan and still am!  In fact, next week I will be flying across country just to visit with her (I may make time to visit with my sainted Mother who happens to be living in the same city).

Yesterday I told you about the 7-Up the Butt Lemon Chicken I made.

Today, it's the side dish to go with the chicken!

Rich (ultra rich), thick and creamy, beautiful colored (paprika adds a deliciously appealing golden amber glow) and oozing with cheese.  This is that potatoes au Gratin recipe you get in restaurants!

And now at home.




And it pairs well with a simple chicken (and cheap chicken if you look for sales or pick up one of those delightful rotisserie chickens.  Really adds a richness to the simple!

This shot to the right is actually Rainey's version.  In fact, I copied her recipe to the tee.  Click the photo to the right or the blue letters, HERE, to see her original, easy to duplicate recipe.

Well, almost.  She used fresh chives and parsley flakes.  I used my version of "Not Your Grandmothers Herbes de Provence", a mix of classic Mediterranean spices with garlic and lemon zest added.



Add the aforementioned Chicken and some cheesy creamed spinach and you have quite a delicious meal!

Thanks Rainey, as always, great recipe and great to visit your blog!


So, if I have tweeked your interest in Rainey and her The Project Table Blog , head on over and say HI for me!

And for a quick look at what she blogs, click on the logo link image to the right.  You will see all the eRecipeCards that Rainey has submitted to eRecipeCards.com.  You can add her recipes to your eRecipeBox (once you have a free account).

See how useful the site is and how easy it is to find new favorite bloggers!

These posts continue to highlight bloggers and recipes that I have found on  "eRecipeCards.com"..

2 comments:

  1. Somehow I totally missed this post a while back! I was looking up my recipe again to get a photo and found your "inspired by" post! This recipe has been requested from family and friends as a side dish this Christmas to go with the Prime Rib roast. Glad you like it! I don't use a box anymore... this is just as easy and so delish!
    Thanks Dave!

    ReplyDelete

FMP