Friday, September 9, 2011

Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart ala Taste of Pearl City


OMG... Seriously, OMG, this may change the way you make Cinnamon bread, toast even rolls forever.  Just a tiny tiny bit complicated (and seriously, only a tiny step that anyone can do), and it is a tad messy (get a wife to clean that up, works for me).  But the finished product is moist, milky creamy, sweet, filled with the aroma and taste of cinnamon and of course...


This incredible pull apart presentation!!!

No knife, just set it out and get ready to be the envy of the family friends and the delight of the children!

Click the photo to see
Taste of Pearl City's
Original post and recipe
This is another of those recipes that I just didn't see a need to change.  No additions, substitutions, etc.

I saw this amazing loaf on the "TASTE OF PEARL CITY" blog.

There was a minor change in my presentation that you can see in the photos (that's hers to the left).  She rolled her dough out flatter and made more slices than I did.  I will indeed do this next time.  I didn't measure the sugar and cinnamon, just sprinkled till I thought I had enough.

I'm a sweet guy, I like my cinnamon bread sweet, so I probably used more than "TASTE OF PEARL CITY" did.  Finally, I should have taken a look at the bread as it cooked.  The top browned a bit too much.  Should have been ready to cover with a bit of aluminum foil at the end so the top stayed golden brown and delicious instead of a darker brown (not burnt, just a not very pleasing color).

But those are changes that will come with experience as I make this again... and again and again.  Not a tiny bit good, I mean really really good.  Perfect for company, with varying wake up times.  Cup of coffee, a slice (or three) of this and sit back and watch the world wake up!

Click the logo to magically be taken to the Taste of Pearl City Blog
And when I say world, this recipe came to me from the other side of the world.  India as a matter of fact!  The "TASTE OF PEARL CITY" blog is written by Umm Mymoonah, a wife, mother and author of a beautiful blog.

Umm has a very impressive body of work.  Mostly vegetarian dishes, but she does feature chicken recipes on occasion.  Her blog has an easy to follow recipe index divided into courses.

Her blog is written in English, with no hint of a translation.

Click the Button to see
Taste of Pearl City's
details about her link Party
Umm hosts an AMAZING Linky party.  Something near and dear to my heart, Any One can Cook.  You know the drill, click the blue letters or the photo to the left to see the details of the party.  But the idea is to submit recipes with...
1 - A minimum of ingredients
2 - For beginning cooks
3 - And a minimum amount of cooking time

Since her blog is international (well, international to me at least), most of the links on her party are from international (again, to me) bloggers.  With the idea being minimum ingredients, easy recipes and short cooking times, this is a great place to dip your toes in the water if you want to give an international recipe a try.  So, if you have an easy to follow recipe, or if you are looking for something new, Umm's blog and her linky party are a wonderful place to start!

BTW, there is a very easy tricky step to get the beautiful presentation.  I am not going to give the recipe, as I simply did not change anything.  Click this link to see her recipe...Cinnamon Sugar Pull-Apart!  But, here's a few photos to give you an idea of the process I followed...




Thank you so much Umm, this is in my "Make again and Again and Again" file!


So, if I have tweeked your interest in Umm and the Taste of Pearl City Blog , head on over and say HI for me!

And for a quick look at what she blogs, click on the logo link image to the left.  You will see all the eRecipeCards that Umm has submitted to eRecipeCards.com.  You can add her recipes to your eRecipeBox (once you have a free account).

See how useful the site is and how easy it is to find new favorite bloggers!

These posts continue to highlight bloggers and recipes that I have found on  "eRecipeCards.com"..

3 comments:

  1. OMG, that looks amazing Dave! My step-son loves anything cinnamon - I'll have to make this and send it to him for his birthday.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That us such a GREAT recipe, I love it and I love how easily is pulls apart too!
    Pass me a slice over please!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep seeing this and I have to make it! I'll bet it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Media

FMP